Selection 1.5, mouse, and X.

Post by Christopher Linds » Mon, 28 Feb 1994 02:01:53

        I have a PS/2 mouse that I am using with selection and X...  It works
fine under X, and works fine under selection now that I got the new PS/2 patch.
Unfortunately, any time that I try to start X, it won't let me because
selection is running.  If I kill selection, I can start X.
        A friend of mine has a "mouse systems" mouse, and he can run X
with selection running in the background.

        Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

1. Selection 1.5 + XFree86 1.3?

Hello fellow Linuxers.  I'm running alpha pl11 with selection 1.5 and XFree86
1.3, using a Logitech serial mouse.  Selection works well until I start X.
After that, Selection stops working; sometimes I can get a cursor to appear,
but it no longer follows the mouse, and quitting X doesn't help.  Killing and
restarting the Selection daemon makes it work again, but only until I start X
again.  Incidentally, I'm using a 100x40 console.  Could someone help?
--
+-------------------+----------------------------+---------------------------+
| JERRY J. SHEKHEL  | Molecular Simulations Inc. | Time just fades the pages |

+-------------------+----------------------------+---------------------------+

2. wu-ftpd-2.4 help

3. Options for selection 1.5

4. Linux crashes after 40-64MB mem upgrade

5. loadlin 1.5 messes up ps/2 mouse from DOS?

6. virus protection

7. How to use a Mouse Systems Mouse with Selection

8. X Server with S3 Virge dx (and login?) problems

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. Disk Selection Not responding to selection under 2.5

11. How customizing mouse selection?

12. gnome mouse selection clears background (bug?)

13. Hack to resolve bus mouse + selection + X conflict