resetting the serial port without rebooting

resetting the serial port without rebooting

Post by Lee Ham » Sat, 10 Dec 1994 17:55:58

Anyone know how to reset the serial port without rebooting?  My problem is
this: if I load Minicom, call somewhere, connect etc. then disconnect by
hitting the voice/data switch on the modem, then try to go back into
Minicom, it will exit out and say something about the modem still in use.
is there a temporary lock file in some dir?  or is it something else?

1. how to reset blocked serial line without reboot?

(I hope this is a simple one)
I have set the termios struct to block indefinitely,
waiting for one character (c_cc[VMIN] = 1 and c_cc[VTIME] = 0)

This is fine when characters are coming in, but how do I clear
the block to the serial line goes down for some reason.

(I tried a few obvious things, but I am missing the correct solution).

Thanks.
--

2. csplit problem

3. resetting video (without rebooting)

4. INSTALL: (FAQ?)-Disappearing CDROM and non bootable roots!

5. resetting uptime without reboot?

6. C++ exceptions inside shared libs

7. rebooting linux without physikal reset

8. Error when installing jdk122b10

9. SB dsp reset without reboot?

10. How can I reset an X.25 card without rebooting?

11. Can I reset NIC without reboot the server?

12. reset power fail status without rebooting?

13. reset uptime without reboot??