1. tty / pts problem: login, telnet, etc hangs
since upgrading to 4.2.1 and installing y2k-patches our 43p's regularly
stop accepting rlogin or telnet sessions after some time. Already
running sessions continue to work but any program that tries to open a
tty (e.g. "echo abc > /dev/console") hangs immediately and becomes a
I thought it might be a problem with the console device - as a console
we use a linux-system with 8-port multi-IO-card and a terminal emulation
for each port. So I tried several things to work around the error:
- set flow control none for tty0
- added tty-setting "clocal" for tty0
- temporarily reassigned console output to a file (/var/log/console.log)
- permanently reassigned console output to a file - the machine boots
without any output to any device
But the error still persists.
Just now, I try two other things:
- remove tty0 and tty1 with smit
- use other terminal cables for the no longer used console device - they
are tested with AIX 4.3.2, which doesn't even boot into multi user mode
with wrong cables.
Has anybody an idea?
Thank you Joachim Linnenberg
2. Admin Tool
3. Telnet hangs before login-prompt.
4. Linux backup
8. Home Network Speed (ftp vs scp)
9. telnet hangs at login: prompt..
11. Hang after Telnet/SMC EtherEZ/Telnet
12. Telnet hangs but NCSA Telnet doesn't
13. Telnet looping and No hostname from telnet logins