Mount point does not exist?

Post by stephen soghoi » Fri, 29 Apr 1994 09:36:45

Quote:> Path: drjazz.demon.co.uk!demon!zaphod.axion.bt.co.uk!uknet!EU.net!howland.reston.ans.net!europa.eng.gtefsd.com!gatech!newsfeed.pitt.edu!dsinc!netnews.upenn.edu!msuinfo!harbinger.cc.monash.edu.au!monu6.cc.monash.edu.au!mjm

> New problem. Running kernel 1.0, gcc2.5.8, the rest of the system cobbled
> together from bits of SLS, slackware and debian. Kernel is compiled with
> iso9660 and SCSI support.

> When I mount an ext2 partition, no problem. When I try and an iso9660
> filesystem, I get the error message

> 'mount point /cd1 does not exist'

> It does exist, it's just that mount doesn't seem to want to mount a CD
> on there. Anyone else had this problem?

Hi Mike
I had a problem mounting my CD ROM under slackware 99.14

 I tried "mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /mnt"

  then if I do " ls /mnt " I can list files or copy them ok
cheers

Stephen Soghoian
Yank in London

1. Mount point does not exist/device fd0 does not exist

Does anybody know why i get this message when i try to mount my fd0?
The first times i tried, it worked, i could read and write to
diskette.  Suddenly it was not possible anymore. I give it the command
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt

I tried many things, got suggestions of colleagues, but nothing works.
I tried to alter my mtab and fstab, that did not work either.

2. 1.3.95 and BETA5 net-tools, ifconfig dumps core on local host

3. mount: mount point /media/cdrom0 does not exist

4. httpd file uploading

5. CDROM Problem: "mount point /cdrom does not exist"

6. how to backup a linux machine?

7. MOUNT POINT /DOSC Does Not Exist????

8. Dumb terminal connect

9. Another SB-16 problem << MOUNT POINT \cdrom DOES NOT EXIST >>

10. mount point /cdrom does not exist

11. Mount point none does not exist?

12. Mount Point Does Not Exist?

13. Mount point does not exist?