Linux TCP/IP and WFW 3.11

Post by rikre.. » Fri, 20 May 1994 07:46:40

Hello all.

WEll, I am at it again...

I am trying to network a 486 linux box and a Pentium windows for
workgroups box.  Ok.  I have MS-TCP/IP 32bit beta stacks, and Linux
Kernel 1.1.12.  Ok...

I am trying to use 2 intel-ether-express (16c)'s to net these two
together.  Also I want to be able to use the Linux box to SLIP to a local
internet provider.

I have all the stuff intsalled, but I keep getting "Network Unreachable"
errors.  I cannot connect t/from either of the computers.

I have recompiled the Linux kernel with the support for the
Intel-Etherexpress cards and when I boot, I dont see anything about it
tho.  I am guessing that either I have a really rotten setup, or sumthing
is wrong with interfacing with the network card.

Can sumbody PLEASE help me....  I would even be willing to make a Long
distance call to talk to sumone who can coach me through this.

I HAVE gone trough the Faq's as well, but I am still lost.

Thanks

Richard Rebel

--
Richard F. Rebel
No Plan

1. Looking 3 info on Linux <=> WfW 3.11 using NULL MODEM cables ( & winsock)

 Hello,

  I'm trying desperately to configure my Linux system to accept
incoming PPP connection over a NULL modem cable from a WfW 3.11
machine. I have looked at the NET-2-HOWTO repeatedly but have been
unable to decifer the needed information? If anyone knows of any other
resources available concerning this topic I would appreciate it
greatly.....

2. incoming http (and X?) broken

3. how to connect WFW 3.11 to linux box ??

4. Ghostview/Ghostscript

5. Linux and WFW 3.11

6. C' problem on unix system

7. Linux, DOS, WFW 3.11, OS/2, NT, Win95 on one system ?

8. gcc compiler doesn't find cc1plus.....

9. Suggestions: Pentium momboards for Linux/Dos/WFW 3.11?

10. Connecting a Linux box to WFW 3.11

11. Momboard recommendations: Pentium for Linux/Dos/WFW 3.11?

12. Linux / WfW 3.11 network connection? Ist it possible?