Ethernet; I wanna use it

Post by Allen R Spar » Thu, 19 May 1994 10:07:08

I'm using a Gateway 2000 4DX2-66V, I've loaded Linux 1.0, latest
Slackware, and it doesn't seem to see my ethernet card (or maybe it
does).  I'm able to go into DOS on the same machine and run a
diagnostic on it using some software provided.

The Ethernet card is
        3Com Ethernet II (according to the software, might have to
        open the machine to get a better type)

I/O Base Address Jumper
        300
Memory Base Address
        D8000

Anyway, do you have any hints?  I haven't had an opportunity to load
NCSA Telnet on the dos side, so I haven't really had a chance to test
it fully.  I need some kind of hint to hack through this.  A cursory
inspection of the Ethernet-HOWTO hasn't gotten me too far.
  === Al

1. Using cron but if i wanna do more??

Ok let me explain,
i use cron and every night at 4:02 it run the poweroff command, and this is
ok and working.
Sometimes, when i am in another room on another PC im watching divx stored
on a samba share on linux and magic,
if im watching it at 4:00 cron turn off linux and i must go poweron it, how
can i test something or can i block cron from executing the scripts if there
is samba working?

Thanks in advance
RyLoS

2. Where the heck are the Sun EOL announcments?

3. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

4. All the softlinks in ODT5 a pain

5. Please Help....it′s a very small thing!!!!.PLEASE

6. The Jargon File v2.3.1 03 JAN 1991, part 1 of 11

7. Help me !!!!!! I have no Idea it′s crucial

8. Here u can download solaris intel

9. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

10. Using Ethernet PCI Card instead of built in ethernet

11. 10/100 Ethernet SWITCH (to be used for Fast Ethernet LAN, and 10-BaseT cable modem)

12. wanna be host behind a linux router

13. I wanna get UNIX on my PC...