How can I get Linux to recognize my DTC 3270 VLB SCSI controller?

How can I get Linux to recognize my DTC 3270 VLB SCSI controller?

Post by Gil Kra » Sat, 15 Jan 1994 13:21:33

I would like to know if anyone knows how to make Linux recognize
my DTC 3270 Vesa Local Bus SCSI controller.  When I boot up
Linux (the installation diskette), it says:

0 SCSI Devices found: 0 SCSI Hard Drives, 0 SCSI CD-ROMs.

I cannot 'fdisk /dev/sda' or 'fdisk /dev/sdb'.  Linux replies with
'cannot mount ...'

I would appreciate any help in this matter.  Thank you in advance.

Thank you very much!

Gil Kraus

GO GATORS!

1. DTC 3270 VLB SCSI controller

Hiya;

Well, the subject says it all.  That's the controller I have and it appears
that linux does not understand it.  When I was getting ready to purchase
the card I saw that it was not on my copy of the linux supported hardware list
but the sales people assured me it was adaptek compatible.   Has anyone else
tried the DTC 3270 VLB SCSI controller card?

I just got the Walnut Creek toolkit last yesterday (August 94) and, all
excited, attempted to install linux.  I tried several different boot images
but none seemed to recognize my card.  It has BIOS memory address C800H
and uses IRQ 11 (both defaults for the card).  Any suggestions?  Does linux
require a particular interrupt?  I would hate to give up this card since
it really smokes under DOS (loads shareware DOOM in 7.5 seconds) and had
high hopes for linux (besides, I am not keen on fighting the jumper wars if
I have to get a different card).

If anyone has advice to offer, please send it by email since our netnews is
amazingly unreliable.

Thanks, eh.

Craig

2. lpd, Ghostview and umount

3. Is DTC 3270 VLB Controller Supported ????

4. Linux 6.5

5. HELP ME! DTC SCSI 3270 Board/Viper VLB

6. Help with RH 6.1 PPP script

7. Help with DTC 3270 SCSI CONTROLLER

8. Q: Net transfer speedup

9. Does linux support DTC 3270 SCSI boards?

10. Help DTC SCSI 3270 and Linux

11. IS DTC 3270 disk controller Supported ???

12. DTC 3270 Controller