Printcap Files

Post by Shneor Sherm » Sun, 18 Dec 1994 00:19:26

Does anyone know where printcap files are available? I need one for LaserjetIII
(or Panasonic KXP-4430 if available!). Thanks in advance!

1. "+ +" in printcap files

A machine at our site was recently the target of a breakin.  Someone
guessed a user's password and then used the expreserve bug to manipulate
/etc/passwd

I also noticed that our /etc/printcap file was modified.  The characters
"+ +" were placed on a line by themselves, followed by a bunch of ascii
garbage.

Does this conform to any known method of compromising security?

Thanks,
Greg Sandell

p.s. email replies appreciated.

--

Parmly Hearing Institute, Loyola University Chicago
6525 N. Sheridan Chicago IL 60626 USA voice:773-508-3976 FAX:773-508-2719

2. Problems forking a background process from CGI

3. printcap file for HP IIP printer

4. Linux cosmetic problem w/logins

5. Printcap file ...Help

6. XF86 and STB ET6000 ?

7. Where is the printcap file ?

8. Debian Linux

9. printcap file-rebuild or locate

10. how does samba pick the alias for the printer in the /etc/printcap file?

11. need howto on printcap file

12. Printcap file for Laserjer 5L

13. Need HP500C Printcap file.