Help with Dial-in

Post by AOI Trav » Mon, 27 Mar 1995 09:11:30

        Here I am stuck again trying to get a dial-in to work. If anybody
has had this problem before, you probally know what I am talking about.
Here is the information. Any help would be very helpfull. We are trying
to do a dial-in so one could access us.

Hardware: Supra 28.8k v.34 modem
          Cyclades 8y card
          486 dx 2-80
Software: Linux 1.2.1

here is our inittab file:

d1:45:respawn:/sbin/uugetty 38400 ttyC1

here is our gettydefs file

#  Modem locked at 38400:
#

#  Modem that autobauds to different speeds, terminal locked at 9600, etc:
#       - SANE includes CS8 ISTRIP HUPCL
#       - DON'T USE SANE or ECHO for initial config!!!!!
#

2400# B2400 CS8 # B2400 SANE -ISTRIP #login: #2400

1200# B1200 CS8 # B1200 SANE -ISTRIP #login: #1200

Here is our uugetty default file for uugetty

CLEAR = NO
HANGUP=YES
#DEBUG=777
DEBUG=010
INIT="" ATS0=1\r OK
ALTLOCK=cub1
ALTLINE=cub1
WAITFOR=RING
CONNECT="" ATs0=1\r CONNECT \s\A
TIMEOUT=60

        When I dial in, the modem just shows ring, I am using the modems
side by side, and no answer. I can go in to the modem and set it to at
s0=1 and it will pick up and answer but no login prompt. It will also
only answer at 9600/arq.

        I set the modem string to atE0V0Q1 to set up the modem.

Here is also our rc.serial sting for the modem

${SETSERIAL} /dev/cub1 auto_irq skip_test spd_hi

        It is not answering at 28.8.

        Any help would be great. I also have a Southwest airlines $25 off
coupon if anyone would like it. Just email me and I will send it out. I
only have one.

        TIA for any help. If I get this thing running, I will put up a
FAQ for others trying to get the Cyclades card working on our web site.

Christian

--

                           The AOI Travel Server
       http://www.xmission.com/~aoi  or lynx http://www.xmission.com/~aoi

1. HELP WITH DIAL INS

I am new to the Linux community and I need to be able to dial in
to my machine. I need help! via E-MAIL PLEASE

Please do not email me at this address that I am sending from
BECAUSE I can not respond to you.

thanks for time
Matthew S. Bailey

One good thing about soap is that you never have to wash it.

2. Large files to floppy

3. Problems with dialing out when dial-ins are enabled

4. Help Bell Atlantic Dial-up

5. Need Help on setting up getty for dial-ins

6. H.323 patch with 2.4.19 kernel gives error?

7. dial ins

8. MF Cobol wanted

9. PPP dial-ins refused, OSR-5 with net100

10. Setting up firewall for dial-ins: How?

11. supraexpress modems (28.8) problems w/dial-ins

12. Can't get dial-ins, anyone?

13. pppd dial ins and , "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests"