ypbind ypbind ypbind ypbind ypbind - HELP?

ypbind ypbind ypbind ypbind ypbind - HELP?

Post by Al Walte » Wed, 19 Oct 1994 06:21:35

I posted a message earlier about this topic and finally got it to work, but
now there's another small but very annoying problem with it.

I have linux on a 486-50 with a 3com 3c503 with 16M ram.

First:  I have no problems with NIS now.

The problem is that after I start up ypbind and get it connected to the NIS
server, it continuously fills up the syslog with the following message:

   broadcast: RPC: Unable to receive ( Network unreachable )

After turning off the syslogd, I new get these all over my screen.  What's
strange is that everything works great - except this error message.  Another
thing I noticed is that when I do an 'ifconfig', the HW addr is all 0's.
I cant figure out why the network stuff is up and running yet the HW addr is
messed up and the ypbind daemon is acting up...

I did select the correct net driver and recompiled the kernel, which did not
help.  Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanx,

Al

Post by Alan C » Tue, 25 Oct 1994 23:06:38

>The problem is that after I start up ypbind and get it connected to the NIS
>server, it continuously fills up the syslog with the following message:

>   broadcast: RPC: Unable to receive ( Network unreachable )

Your machine or another machine on your network has its netmask set
wrongly (probably you).

Alan

--
  ..-----------,,----------------------------,,----------------------------,,

 ``----------'`----------------------------'`----------------------------''

1. ypbind help needed

Hi all

The ypbind on my linux box suddenly seems to have stopped working.
Running ypbind with the
-debug option set caused it to spew out messages something like

'unable to write lock' (or words to that effect)
'signal 17'

The man page wasn't too helpful here. Where/what is it trying to lock?
The /var/yp/binding directory seems available for use.

Thanks

Tony

2. Telnet and ftp restrictions

3. NIS & YPBIND HELP PLEASE!!

4. Message Queues

5. Please help to start "ypbind"

6. Trident CyberBlade i7 on HP Omnibook Xe2 doesn't work under X!! Help me!!

7. ypbind problem -- Help!

8. Diamond Stealth 968 Vram and Xfree86

9. Help! Ypbind "dies"

10. Help with ypbind & Solaris NIS-Server

11. NIS help needed (ypserv refuses ypbind request)

12. Help needed - ypbind crashes!

13. ypbind and "neighbour table overflow" error