Possible Hardware problems??

Post by Anonymo » Mon, 15 Aug 1994 13:57:23

I have done a good deal of looking through HOWTOs and FAQs and have come
up with a configuration for a 90 Mhz Pentium that I would like to buy.
But, given how sometimes documentation for supported hardware isn't
always up to date, I was wondering if anyone saw a problem with what
I have picked out.  Here it is:

P90 CPU w/512k cache
16 M of Ram
NCR53c810 SCSI-II controller
Micropolis 4110 1.05 G HD
Viewsonic 17G 17" monitor
#9 GXE 64 PCI vid card w/2 megs
NEC 3Xi CD-ROM
ZyXel U-1496E modem
Soundblaster 16
Logitech 3-button mouse

I know the support for the vid card and the controller are still ALPHA
for the most part, but I believe they will work, correct?
If anyone has suggestions for a better setup that would be in a similar
price range with the above components, I'd love to hear them!

1. Solaris Installation - Possible Hardware Problem

I've installed Solaris 7 successfully; however, in the middle of the
process my system begins to make a very high-pitched sound and will not
stop.  The installation process continues and the SunOS is installed.
But, after I boot up and begin working within Solaris my machine again
begins to make this high-pitched whine.  Is this a sign of a hardware
conflict that was not identified with the kdmconfig process? Or does
this indicate a different problem.  On the same machine, but on a
different removeable harddrive, I've got Windows NT Server running just
fine without the high pitch sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
Keith Denny

2. Help !

3. Debugging possible hardware problems

4. MS Intellimouse on DELL PS/2 doesn't work under Linux 2.0.33

5. Possible hardware problem? -Random crashes

6. Mulitple IP's on a sinle NIC...Howto

7. HARDWARE HARDWARE HARDWARE

8. Solaris 2.6 + JetAdmin users only

9. Is it possible to tweak cable modem hardware so it doesn't limit my bandwidth?

10. Possible new hardware platform

11. Best hardware for fastest possible LINUX system.

12. Is it possible to do 1280x1024 using linux if the hardware supports it.

13. Fonts Degrading/Possible Hardware Damage? (SONY Monitor)