Help getting TCP/IP & Telnet to work?

Post by Herb Rosenbe » Mon, 09 May 1994 17:46:34

I have Linux (Ygdrassil release) with a 3com 3c503 that I have been
trying for 2 days to get working.  I am trying to get the Linux box to
communicate with another PC running LAN Workplace for DOS.  They are the
only machines on this local ethernet segment.

I have reinstalled LInux twice, and played around with a bunch of
configuration files, but can't seem to figure this out.  I have looked at
the NET2-HOWTO but it doesn't seemed to exactly apply to this Ygdrassil
release.

If anyone could please provide the specific steps to take to get this
configured, I would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

--

1. Help getting TCP/IP and Telnet to Work?

I have Linux (ygdrassil release) and I have been trying for 2 days to get
TCP/IP and Telnet to work on a local etherment segement just connecting 1
PC and the linux box.  I am using 3com 3c503 cards, and I have installed
Linux twice, but can't seem to get the machines to talk to each other.  I
have read the NET-HOWTO but that doesn't seem to exactly apply to the
ygdrassil release.

If there is anyone out there that might be able to offer a step by step
suggestion on how to get this installed, for a real unix newbie, I would
be greatly appreciative.

Thanks.

--

2. Testing

3. getting IP of own telnet & probs w/ output of who -m & ping wierdness

4. keyboard history --recall

5. IP Masq - Ping & Telnet ok, but HTTP & FTP don't work

6. Interl EtherExpress Pro

7. Getting tcp/ip working on ps/2 aix 1.2

8. xdos emulator help and is it good?

9. lpd & TCP/IP - dead daemon prob. as in FAQ & HOW-TO - Help!

10. UNIX & TCP/IP & sockets etc - help!!!

11. pbg3/333 problems getting tcp/ip up and tcp-ing

12. Help w/ TCP\IP & SCO & Novell

13. TCP/IP works telnet