Need help with Taylor UUCP

Post by Michael A. Nea » Thu, 28 Jul 1994 09:18:43

Hello all!!!

Well my boss and I have been trying to complete our UUCP
  connection for the past two days.  After hours upon hours
  of fun and exciting (ha!ha!) hacking we have run into a
  little snag.

    Let me tell what we want to happen.  We would like our
      LINUX machine to process our email and CNEWS coming in
      from the net.  From there we would like our gateway BBS
      e-mail to be tranfered to another site via a UUCP link.

    We are using Slackware 2.0, Kernal 1.0.9.  The UUCP package
      we chose is Taylor UUCP v1.05.  We are using MGETTY v0.20
      for our modem link.

    Here is a small clip of MGETTY's login.conf file...

login.conf
START -----------------
# login.config

END -------------------

    And here are some clips of the Taylor config files...

config
START -----------------
nodename linux

passwdfile /usr/lib/uucp/taylog_config/passw
portfile /usr/lib/uucp/taylog_config/ports
dialfile /usr/lib/uucp/taylog_config/dial
passwdfile /usr/lib/uucp/taylog_config/passwd

unknown commands rmail
unknown receive-request no
unknown pubdir /usr/spool/uucppublic
unknown remote-send ~

sysfile  /usr/lib/uucp/taylog_config/sys

logfile /usr/lib/uucp/uucp.log
statfile /usr/lib/uucp/uucp.stat
debugfile /usr/lib/uucp/uucp.debug
debug all

hdb-files false
END--------------------

passwd
START -----------------
uuful praco
END--------------------

ports
START -----------------
port port0
type modem
device /dev/ttyS0
dialer hayes
speed 38400
END--------------------

sys
START -----------------
call-login *
call-password *
called-login uuful

local-send /
remote-send ~

port port0

system uuful
END--------------------

   But we are unable to complete a connection with our
     remote-DOS UUCP program.  The remote system attempts to
     logon with user 'uuful' and password 'praco' but the
     connection always fails.  On the DOS end a message comes
     up saying that it is 'waiting for remote identification'.
     and on my end (LINUX box) the UUCP debug file is as
     follows...

uucp.debug
START -----------------
uucp - DEBUG: fconn_open: Opening stdin port (default speed)
uucp - DEBUG: fsserial_open: Baud rate is 38400
uucp - DEBUG: flogin_prompt: Waiting for login
uucp - DEBUG: fconn_write: Writing 9 "Password:"
uucp - DEBUG: zget_typed_line: Got "praco\r"
uucp - ERROR: Bad login
uucp - DEBUG: fconn_close: Closing connection
uucp - DEBUG: Forked; old PID 190, new pid 194
uucp - DEBUG: Forking /usr/lib/uucp/uuxqt
uucp - DEBUG: zsysdep_get_xqt: Found ERRLOG in top directory
uucp - DEBUG: zsysdep_get_xqt: Found LOGFILE in top directory
uucp - DEBUG: zsysdep_get_xqt: Found SYSLOG in top directory
uucp - DEBUG: zsysdep_get_xqt: Found LCK..ttyS0 in top directory
uucp - DEBUG: zsysdep_get_xqt: Found LCK.XQT.0 in top directory
END -------------------

What's going on?  Can someone help?  I dont know if the '\r'
  character is causing problem, I wouldn't think, would it?
  It's suppose to compare to password 'praco' not 'praco\r'...

Some stable configuration files would be greatly appreciated.

After this fun stuff, I'm going to do some really cool stuffs!!!
                    (SENDMAIL configuration)
                             Yeah!!!

I am using a friends account, could you send any replies to one of the
following email addresses.  Thanks...

--

1. Need help building Taylor UUCP on AIX 3.2

I'm having trouble building Taylor UUCP 1.03 on AIX 3.2 -- everything compiles
fine, but the executables all fail with "Out of memory" errors. I've been
working under the assumption that this is related to alloca, but haven't been
able to get around it. I've tried using the default AIX behavior (#pragma
alloca), the alloca from the GNU Emacs distribution, and the alloca that came
with the package. I've tried setting MALLOCTYPE to 3.1, with no luck.

Is anyone successfully running this on AIX 3.2? If so, how'd you do it?

--
John Hensley           |

2. Xwindows does not load post Redhat install

3. Help needed with Taylor 1.04 UUCP sources.

4. AAAHHHHH this close | | to getting my kernel installed help w/ SuSE6.1

5. Slack 1.2, Taylor UUCP over TCP :Need Help

6. Text-based stuff....

7. Alarm errors with Taylor UUCP, need help.

8. Compiler Problems

9. taylor uucp 1.04 - akl - "taylor config / performance" release

10. Taylor UUCP <-> VAX/VMS UUCP problems

11. Solaris UUCP <-> Taylor UUCP

12. Taylor UUCP - UUCP using HDB config

13. Need Taylor UUCP FAQs