linx keeps crashing!!!!

Post by Karsten Kreh » Thu, 15 Dec 1994 16:35:51

: ok, during the course of last 10 minutes, my system crashed 5 times!

What exactly does crash mean?
--
Karsten Kreher

tel +49.(0)6151-719999
fax +49.(0)6151-719970

linx keeps crashing!!!!

Post by YHLe » Thu, 15 Dec 1994 14:38:23

ok, during the course of last 10 minutes, my system crashed 5 times!
this is getting WAY out of hand.  does anybody know possible reason
for this?  i have an ethernet connection to internet and i'm running
kernel version 1.1.54 and x 3.1.  it usually crashes when i'm
accessing internet, but not always.  can anybody help me solve this
annoying problem?

thanks,

-y

linx keeps crashing!!!!

Post by YHLe » Fri, 16 Dec 1994 11:03:17

>: ok, during the course of last 10 minutes, my system crashed 5 times!

>What exactly does crash mean?

froze...

-y

linx keeps crashing!!!!

Post by Olaf Kle » Sat, 17 Dec 1994 02:47:56

>>: ok, during the course of last 10 minutes, my system crashed 5 times!
>>What exactly does crash mean?
>froze...

This again is a very exactly error description. Since we all are clairvoyants
I see that the problem is your configuration....

Bye, Olaf

--
Es gibt nicht einmal einen logischen Grund, am Leben zu bleiben. Aber der
Instinkt sagt es uns, und daher wollen wir es.            [Poul Anderson]

linx keeps crashing!!!!

Post by Reagan Blunde » Sun, 18 Dec 1994 17:06:58

> >: ok, during the course of last 10 minutes, my system crashed 5 times!

> >What exactly does crash mean?
> froze...

My suggestion is to take your Linux machine out of the refridgerator
and try it again.  Otherwise, give us a little more information about
what its doing, what configuration you have (hardware/software) and
any error messages you received.

--
Reagan Blundell             |        "I'm lying on my back now

APANA Brisbane Regional     |         flowers on the razor wire
Management Committee        |         I know you're here" - Andrew Eldritch