CD writing program for ATAPI IDE cd-r's

Post by Mark Wolfgan » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
Is there such a thing?  I have a version of X-CDRoast but it says you must
have both a SCSI cd-r and a SCSI Hard drive.  Am I missing something?
I have a Memorex CRW-1622.  Has anyne had any luck setting this up in LInux?
Thanks
Mark

CD writing program for ATAPI IDE cd-r's

Post by ckcha » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

http://appindex.freshmeat.net/list/Console/CD+Writing+Software/

hope this helps

Post by John William » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,
> Is there such a thing?  I have a version of X-CDRoast but it says you must
> have both a SCSI cd-r and a SCSI Hard drive.  Am I missing something?
> I have a Memorex CRW-1622.  Has anyne had any luck setting this up in LInux?
> Thanks
> Mark

  If you find out let me know too.. I have a BTC ATAPI CD-RW drive.. And I too
have tryed X-CDRoast with no luck.. I have heard that you can emulate SCSI
drives but haven't seen anything..

1. New IDE-CD/extended IDE driver supports Sony 55E ATAPI CD-ROM!

I'm now successfully using my Sony CDU-55E CDROM drive (an ATAPI drive)
from Linux.  I'm using 1.1.75 plus the ide/ide-cd patch by Mike Lord and
Scott Snyder.  I understand that this code is now part of 1.1.76.  Cool!
This means that just about all my stuff is now supported by "standard Linux".

There are some rough edges.  As mentioned in the README.ide file in
/usr/src/linux/drivers/block, the mount command for the cdrom must be
just right; if a block size other than 2048 is used (or block size
isn't specified, weird errors result).  I initially thought this meant
it didn't quite work.  However, given the exact commands mentioned in
README.ide:

        ln -sf /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom
        mkdir /cd
        mount /dev/cdrom /cd -t iso9660 -o ro,block=2048

I am now successfully reading CDROMs.

Some folks mentioned that they got the older NEC-260 driver to work
provided they'd booted DOS first and used LOADLIN; I'm booting from
LILO and everything works fine.

Note that this drive isn't mentioned in the README.ide file.  Anyone
documenting this, please add the Sony 55E to the list of drives it
works with.

Thanks to all who sent me mail, and especially to Scott Snyder for writing
ide-cd.c !

--

Phone: +1 415 694 1729

2. Help with RewriteRule

3. ATAPI CD-R won't write

4. Funny Comic Strip

5. HOw to compile C prgrams into 68000 codes

6. Reading CD-R & CD-RW with an ATAPI HP 7200e CD-Writer on RH 6.0...

7. Calling Module Functions (symbols) from Kernel

8. ide-scsi emulation for ATAPI cd writing problem

9. how to burn CD with IDE/ATAPI CD-RW ?

10. IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM and Que/CD-ROM setup

11. CD-DA & CD-I on ATAPI CD ??

12. is there an cd-audioplayer which works with ATAPI IDE cdrom's ???