Broken pipes, 0 length mail messages from uux transport

Broken pipes, 0 length mail messages from uux transport

Post by Dan Everha » Wed, 17 Nov 1993 17:16:14

Whenever I send mail which uses the uux transport, I get a message
back to the postmaster about a broken pipe and the length of the data
file queued up for uucp transmission is 0 bytes.  I'm using the stock
uux command that came with the distribution.

The same smail transport definition runs just fine on a different machine.
(Both are running Linux, one is pl12, the other pl13.)

Anybody else seen this or know what's going on?

--
  _

 \_/ \_________________________________________   206-743-6982, 742-8604 (fax)
 / \_/                                            7107 179th St SW
 \_/   Quality Software and Hardware Consulting   Edmonds, WA 98026, USA

Post by Dan Everha » Thu, 18 Nov 1993 07:24:16

> Whenever I send mail which uses the uux transport, I get a message
> back to the postmaster about a broken pipe and the length of the data
> file queued up for uucp transmission is 0 bytes.  I'm using the stock
> uux command that came with the distribution.

Well, I have some progress to report.  By blowing away all my smail
configuration and using the mkconfig script to recreate it all from
scratch, the problem went away.  Now I have to carefully add back my
"improvements" to see which one made it fail, and why.  I'd still like
to hear from others who have run across the same phenomenon.

--
  _