.profile for X ?

Post by Hong Siang Te » Wed, 22 Feb 1995 22:05:17

        Does X reads any profile or login file when it starts? (besides
xinitrc of course ). My xterm prompts is always '#', which is
different from my console prompt. Where can I set up these variables ?

Hong Siang

.profile for X ?

Post by Daniel DeSlov » Thu, 23 Feb 1995 02:39:50

:       Does X reads any profile or login file when it starts? (besides
: xinitrc of course ). My xterm prompts is always '#', which is
: different from my console prompt. Where can I set up these variables ?

: Hong Siang

add the line

xterm*loginShell:       true

to your .Xdefaults file, and make sure your .Xdefaults is loading.
this will force each xterm to source the .profile when it loads.

dan