NNTP

Post by Michael » Thu, 04 Nov 1993 15:07:47

Dear all linux users,

        Please tell me how to let other machines accessing my local news
groups.

Michael Lo

NNTP

Post by System Overlo » Tue, 09 Nov 1993 12:29:37

Quote:>    Please tell me how to let other machines accessing my local news
>groups.
>Michael Lo

I think this is a question more related to news admin in general than
the linux community.  However, one idea would be, if your machine is on
the net, to run an nntp newserver system on your machine (i.e. inn), and
then, let people just use your nntp server (i believe tin and trn can
pick nntp server sites w/an environment variable).

|#include <stdisclaimer.h>|     privacy - Phil Zimmerman, author of PGP       |
|Coram Deo|Death to Barney|     This space for rent - mail ideas to me --     |
| GCS/MU d--() -p+ c++(c+) l++ u+ e+(*) m++(*) s !n h f+ !g w+ t++(--) r+ !y  |

1. NNTP fetcher & NNTP server

Hi,

I know sendmail is the standard mail server but what is the
usual/standard news fetcher software for BSD.

Then what is the standard FBSD NNTP server to serve these article to our
liccle Intranet?

M.
--
Mark Worsdall - Oh no, I've run out of underpants :(

The network I maintain:- http://www.hinwick.demon.co.uk/computerDept/
Web site Monitoring:- http://www.shadow.org.uk/SiteSight/

2. Connection failures with fedora

3. Q:NNTP library, clientlib (3)- NNTP clientlib part of InterNetNews library

4. Can LILO boot windows MBR on /dev/hdb?

6. off-topic - Doom as a tool for system administration

7. How to get news via term w/o NNTP server access?

8. Netscape problem (help newbie)

9. C-News & NNTP Question

10. I need configure NNTP and connect by modem

11. NNTP serving OS/2 clients

12. NNTP with linux Slackware

13. INN/nntp - is this a news server too?