ERROR 0x01 when ramdisk starts to load

Post by Timothy Gleas » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 00:59:36

        I have a problem that occurs when I insert the
root disk and press enter.  the screen displays the following
and freezes:
Error 0x01
-

        I had linux installed before but I just got OS/2 and
fdisked may drive to boot DOS,LINUX,OS/2 but there is this problem
when I try to install.  Also another problem is that LILO seemed to
still run even though I formated the drive and setup the OS/2 Boot
Manager.

        At boot
LILO boot: DOS

--> went OS/2 BOOT MANAGER(LILO OF NO USE)

BUT NOW at boot

it says :
LI

        And no 'LO' shows up and the PC is frozen.

So I can only boot with my DOS floppy.

        How do I get rid of LILO and the Error 0x01 when installing?
I think the 2 problems are related.

Tanks in advance.

1. Error while loading ramdisk: Error 0x08

Hello, world.

I am having some problems with my slackware 1.1.2. I wanted to Linux this
morning (new verb), but my root filesystem came up as read-only. So I
tried to boot with the bootkernel to be able to edit some files on my
root-partition. But after I typed mount root=/dev/sda2, which is my
Linux root-filesystem, I get the message Error 0x08. After that it
continuously tries to boot, but the same error message appears.

Then I tried booting the ramdisk, but no results either. In fact, the
same error message appears. I really don't understand this, because I
installed Linux with the same bootkernel flop.

I anyone has any suggestions, thanks in advance.

2. Osprey 100 won't work with onboard ATI video.

3. 1.2.8: boot error: hda: DRDY error: status=0x01 { Error }

4. Adaptec AHA-2902 SCSI

5. problem with creating ramdisk: kernel loads, but hangs when it tries to mount ramdisk

6. Printing to a networked HP2000C - problem

7. Slack96 boot: "block move error 0x01", CRC error

8. Gateway problem

9. /dev/hdc status error: status=0x01 {Error}

10. Get error 0x08 while loading ramdisk ?

11. : SLS a1 Error 0x04 Loading ramdisk

12. RH6.0 - Error loading Ramdisk

13. intallation error when loading data into ramdisk