What is META keys?

Post by JL Gom » Sat, 21 Aug 1993 07:40:58

I've compiled in the kernel options for META keys.

I don't know what they are used for, so in it went.

Can someone tell me what they are and an example
of are they are used for?

Are they some kind of macro key assignment thing?

It'll be great do a F5 and out comes 'trn'

Thanks for the info!

1. How to disable the meta-W and meta-Q key shortcuts?

For the benefit of my emacs users, I have been trying to figure
our how to disable the meta-Q and meta-W key shortcuts that cause
the window manager to quit and close, respectively, the application
in a OW window.

If you know of a way to do this, please post! Thanks much,
-w

--
"They're worse than real critics, they're Amateur Critics!"
                                              - Richard Thompson

2. Block SIGALRM for a thread, not the main process..

3. Alt Key, Meta Key on Solaris 5.7 X terminal?

4. Is the shell command "mv" atomic

5. ALT key, Meta Key on Solaris 5.7 Xterminal

6. Dual boot and Win95

7. kde 2.2.1: Can't use Meta key in shortcuts

8. ppp transfer rates

9. meta key doesn't work in xterms with Redhat-6.0

10. Using <ALT> as META-key in TCSH.

11. How to detect control, alt or meta key pressed

12. Problems with EtherExpress card and Meta-key

13. Meta Key in X86