Mitsumi CD-ROM Audio CD player

Post by Marc Duponche » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 12:33:19

Hello linux helpers!

I browsed through FAQs and HOWTOs and
did not find an answer to the following:

Can one play Audio CDs on a Mitsumi
CD-ROM drive ?

I just bought one and don't have
any program to try ...

ThanX

--

-- marc.

Post by John Lell » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 22:47:28

: Can one play Audio CDs on a Mitsumi
: CD-ROM drive ?

Sure.  Workman and workbone work fine on my Mitsumi.

... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore
strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.

Post by Ken Latt » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 23:38:00

> Can one play Audio CDs on a Mitsumi
> CD-ROM drive ?

> I just bought one and don't have
> any program to try ...

> ThanX

> -- marc.

As it happens, I just tried out 'workman' on my old Mitsumi LU005 model
last night.  It worked just fine although of course it could not control
volume.  Workman is part of the Xview package, but it works fine under
fvwm.

Ken Latta

1. linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

Finally!

As I posted recently, I got the TA CD-ROM, and found that the setup kernel
recognized the CD drive, but the installed one didn't. I had trouble with
the recompile, as well.

The answer is:
    in (I think it's) /etc/include/linux/drivers/blocks, there are *two*
        makefiles. One is named Makefile, the other Makefile.orig. When
        I diffed them, I discovered Makefile.orig *had* conditions for
        compiling the Mitsumi driver, the Soundblaster driver, and one
        other driver, and Makefile *didn't*. I renamed both, and reran
        the compile. No problems, using lilo (after the usual moving &
        /etc/lilo/install) I boot off my hard drive, I can mount the
        CD ROM, etc.

I am emailing TA this, as well.

        mark

2. remotely launched shell getting zombied

3. which audio cd player for PAS 16 NEC CD ROM?

4. isa modem

5. Mitsumi CD-Rom Audio distortion

6. FBSD 3.1BETA problem! HELP!

7. CD-ROM audio player

8. Ozone production from laser printers; any remedies?

9. Mitsumi Audio CD player wanted

10. Mitsumi Audio CD players needed

11. Mitsumi CD-ROM + sound card, what's the cd's interupt?

12. Mitsumi CD-ROM and Linux Slackware CD

13. Orchid CDS-3110 CD-ROM Mitsumi?