PHILIPS CM 206 CD-ROM drive

Post by Louisa K. Matthi » Sun, 05 Jun 1994 05:31:03

        I have a Philips CM 206 Double-Spin CD-ROM drive, and would like to
use it with Linux.  I understand that a specific driver is not available in
the Linux kernel, and was wondering if anyone knows of an applicable patch
that could allow for its use, or if it happens to be compatible with any of
the supported drives.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks,

Karl N. Matthias

--
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------+

+-------------------------------+---------------------------------+

PHILIPS CM 206 CD-ROM drive

Post by MikeCol1 » Sun, 05 Jun 1994 14:03:03

Quote:>    I have a Philips CM 206 Double-Spin CD-ROM drive, and would
like to
>use it with Linux.  I understand that a specific driver is not
available in
>the Linux kernel, and was wondering if anyone knows of an applicable
patch
>that could allow for its use, or if it happens to be compatible with
any of
>the supported drives.

Same here.  Please post if you get a solution for this, and I'll do
the same.

Mike Colvin

PHILIPS CM 206 CD-ROM drive

Post by robert philli » Mon, 06 Jun 1994 22:38:44

: >  I have a Philips CM 206 Double-Spin CD-ROM drive, and would
: like to
: >use it with Linux.  I understand that a specific driver is not
: available in
: >the Linux kernel, and was wondering if anyone knows of an applicable
: patch
: >that could allow for its use, or if it happens to be compatible with
: any of
: >the supported drives.

: Same here.  Please post if you get a solution for this, and I'll do
: the same.
: Mike Colvin

SAME HERE, ( I THINK?) - I got a Comtrade 486/66 multimedia machine
and all works fine under linux except the cd-rom/sound card that they
shipped me(in november 1993). The sales guy says it is a philips
drive, but when I pop the cover, the card has CM 260 PCA on it. Is
this a typo? Should it be CM206? --OR-- Is this thing NOT a philips, and
is there already a driver for it? Thanks for any help!
Robert Phillips

1. Philips CM-206 CD-Rom Drive

Does any one know of a way to setup a Philips CM-206 CD-Rom Drive and
CM-260 Card?  I checked with Philips and all they had was C programs
and documentation on how to add it to a Linux system.  There where
quite a few programs to compile and reconfigure the Linux kernel.  I
checked with the person who developed it and he told me to swith to
Linux.  I have checked quite a few of the FAQ files and see where
people have asked the same question but thats all I have found.

Thanks for any info.
James Crawford

2. X11R6 with X11R5 binaries

3. LMS Philips CD-ROM (CM-206)

4. installing xine and css with debian

5. Philips CM-206 CD-ROM device driver: where?

6. xbiff and/or xmailbox

7. RedHat 4.2 & Philips CD-ROM (CM-206/260)

8. Module built on 1.3.4 is not compatible with 1.3.9

9. Philips CM 206 CD-ROM Driver

10. Philips LMS CM-206 CD-Rom

11. Philips CM-206 CD-ROM drivers in order to install Linux

12. LMSI/Phillips CM-206 CD-ROM Drives & Linux

13. Philips LMS-206 CD-ROM Drive ?