Linux installation failed

Post by Reforme » Thu, 04 Aug 1994 04:14:31

First I want to make sure. Is this the correct group for the Linux
, the free Unix Operating System?
If so, I need some help installing it.
I have the cdRom version of it, and I have made the proper bootdisk/
rootdisk for it. I have the drive partitioned and swap partitioned.
When I run the setup, I get only as far as install from. Then when I
choose cdrom and the driver, it says cannot load. I have gone through
and tried each of the drivers but none work. I give it the correct
directory to search, what should be correct driver, but hasn't yet
installed. I am putting it on a 486 IBM Pc.
Thanks in advance for help!

---

     ====                                    ====
     |  |                                    |  |
     |  |                                    |  |
 =====  =====                            =====  =====
 |          |        Chris Roberts       |          |
 =====  =====                            =====  =====
     |  |     He died for me so I could      |  |
     |  |           be with you              |  |

http://www.msstate.edu:80/~cnr1/

Linux installation failed

Post by Jonathan Kitch » Fri, 05 Aug 1994 11:31:18

>First I want to make sure. Is this the correct group for the Linux
>, the free Unix Operating System?
>If so, I need some help installing it.
>I have the cdRom version of it, and I have made the proper bootdisk/
>rootdisk for it. I have the drive partitioned and swap partitioned.
>When I run the setup, I get only as far as install from. Then when I
>choose cdrom and the driver, it says cannot load. I have gone through
>and tried each of the drivers but none work. I give it the correct
>directory to search, what should be correct driver, but hasn't yet
>installed. I am putting it on a 486 IBM Pc.
>Thanks in advance for help!
>---
>     ====                                    ====
>     |  |                                    |  |
>     |  |                                    |  |
> =====  =====                            =====  =====
> |          |        Chris Roberts       |          |
> =====  =====                            =====  =====
>     |  |     He died for me so I could      |  |
>     |  |           be with you              |  |

>http://www.msstate.edu:80/~cnr1/

In the setup program it may not recognize the cdrom if it is already
mounted
I had to umount /dev/mcd and then setup runs OK
jon kitchin jon2dialix.oz.au

Linux installation failed

Post by Robert Gas » Sat, 06 Aug 1994 23:13:32

: First I want to make sure. Is this the correct group for the Linux
: , the free Unix Operating System?
: If so, I need some help installing it.
: I have the cdRom version of it, and I have made the proper bootdisk/
: rootdisk for it. I have the drive partitioned and swap partitioned.
: When I run the setup, I get only as far as install from. Then when I
: choose cdrom and the driver, it says cannot load. I have gone through
: and tried each of the drivers but none work. I give it the correct
: directory to search, what should be correct driver, but hasn't yet
: installed. I am putting it on a 486 IBM Pc.
: Thanks in advance for help!

I've had problems which sound like this with a Sony CDU33a CD. The
installation script could not mount the CD. I mounted it by hand
and chose to install from a "pre-mounted directoy' (there's an option
which lets you choose something like this). BTW, this happened to
me with Slackware 2.0

--> robert

1. LINUX Installation failing at Partition/Formatting for PowerMac 5400

Hello,

I am pasting a message I sent to the YellowDogLinux mailing list.  The
trouble I am having right now is with YDL, but I had the same problems with
Debian 3.0 (Woody).

The specs and setup process was the same for both distributions with the
same failure.  Any help would be great.