More than 25 lines on console?

Post by smccr » Mon, 03 Jan 1994 17:03:08

 How can I get more lines displayed on my virtual consoles?
Right now I have 80x25, and would like to get 80x43 or 80x50.

  I have browsed through the source, and it is not obvious to me
how to change it.

  Is it possible to change this without a kernel rebuild?

        * e-mail appreciated, as my site does not yet have this group *

--
     Steve McCarthy

Post by Timothy Murp » Mon, 03 Jan 1994 22:25:17

> How can I get more lines displayed on my virtual consoles?
>Right now I have 80x25, and would like to get 80x43 or 80x50.

I've probably misunderstood your question,
but can't you just say "stty lines 43" or whatever?

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-1-2842366

1. RH 7.0 : change console text lines from 25 to 50 or higher ?

is there a way to change no. of text lines on console from 25 to
something higher on Red Hat 7.0 ? 25 lines is just not enough.

There's nowhere in Red Hat 7.0 install and getting started guide
that describes how to change that. Also I did a search and found out
about the FreeBSD command "vidcontrol" but it is not availble in RH7.0.
(See I did my research before I bother the world......)
Thank you

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. URGENT: sh scripting question

3. 25/50 Line Console Mode

4. FreeBSD and X-Windows.

5. console with more than 25 lines

6. streaming tape drive doesn't (did in 1.2, not in 2.4)

7. NEWBIE: How do I increase console display from from 25 to 50 lines?

8. Sendmail 8.9.x

9. Linux console mode - more than 25 lines?

10. console 25 pin configuration for icl drs6000 level300?

11. How to turn 132*25 in console mode

12. Serial Port console with Portmaster 25

13. Running x.25 pad on console from startup