Newbie needs confirmation

Post by Chen Elvis » Mon, 27 Mar 1995 04:07:41

greetings:

        I am new to Linux (in fact, I havn't use it at all), and I plan
to devoet my summer to install/learning it.  But before I do that, I
would appreciate some confirmations about my hardware:

        Mitsumi 4x IDE cd-rom (slave on secondary IDE channel)
        WD 540 hd (master on primary IDE channel)
        ATI win-turbo (MACH 64 w 2mg VRAM) vl
        Promise 2300+ EIDE controller card
        SoundBlaster AWE32 sound card
and
        ASUS Intel dx2-66 green motherboard

I need to know whether these hardwares are supported directly by the new
kernel (1.2.0+).  I have been reading the newsgroups for several days
now, and it seems to me that some people are having problem with at least
one component of the above hw.

I plan to get the new slackware from sunsite.  It would be nice if all my
hardwares are supported without additional patches.

thanx in advance,

Elvis

1. Need a Hayes modem buy confirmation

My Compaq came with an internal Rockwell HCF 56K Data Fax PCI modem,
which apparently can't be made to work under Linux.  So I need to buy
another one.

I am looking to buy a Hayes ACCURA 56K V90 INT FAX internal modem,
because the specs say that PnP can be disabled on the card via jumper
settings, and it doesn't appear to be a Winmodem.  Is anyone
successfully using this card, or something similar?  Thanks.

2. Adaptec 2740 SCSI Won't Work

3. DB2 for Linux? Need confirmation!

4. Laptop USB to Sun DB25M

5. Need quick confirmation: AIC7850 in MB is supported and runs?

6. Comparrison OS/2 and Unix

7. Need help - Newbie-est of the Newbie's

8. differences between linux and freebsd

9. Output confirmation in a script

10. drive check hangs on startup and asks for user confirmation ?!

11. Q: Deleting files without confirmation

12. quick confirmation

13. Obtaining confirmation for sent data