smail works one way,not t

Post by Matthew Gue » Sun, 28 Aug 1994 12:06:39

Hello,
 I have two linux boxes on a SLIP network. Ones a 486 and the other is
a 386. They are both running 1.1.48. I can telnet, ping, and FTP both
ways. Smail is set-up with the same config file on both boxes except
that the smart_path points to the other box. Internal e-mail works
fine in both boxes. I have smail running as a dameon in both. The 486
can send mail to the 386. The 386 cann't send mail to the 486. The
386 gives UUCP errors so it must think it is on a UUCP network, it is
not. How do I correct this? I have read the man pages,FAQ,HOWTO's, and
the NAG. If another group would be beter to post this let me know as I
won't crosspost.

Matt
 * ATP/Linux 1.42 * there are three things that come next, uh four...