Shared memory under linux

Post by Dov Krug » Sat, 06 Nov 1993 08:06:48

        int handle = shmget(IPC_PRIVATE, size, ______);

flags should be SHM_R | SHM_W to read and write (as I read it).
However, those symbols are defined only if symbol kernel is defined.
As I understand it, by default it is read/write, and you can use SHM_RDONLY
to mean read-only access.  So, I passed in zero.  The handle returns as
an error, and nothing else works.  What should be passed in?  What am I doing
wrong?

I am using MCC-based linux PL10 with IPC built into the kernel, 16M 486DX33,
670M SCSI (not that that should matter).

Please reply by mail, I will summarize and post

1. Shared memory on Linux 1.2.13???

Hi,
I was told there is a limit of 4MB shared memory for this kernel
(1.2.13).

Is this correct??

If it is does anyone have any suggestions or kernel fixes or patches to
allow for a greater shared memory block?

We are storing real time data here and would like to consider using
linux as our server.

Thanks in advance.

  \   Kessler/Asher Group at     |   phone (312)786-4779         /
   \  the CBOE                   |   fax (312)786-4776          /
    ______  _______  _________       __        __       ______
   / ____/ /__  __/ /___  ___/      / /       / /      / ____/
  / /        / /       / /  _____  / /       / /      / /
 / /____  __/ /__     / /  /____/ / /_____  / /____  / /____
/______/ /______/    /_/         /_______/ /______/ /______/

2. Questions about NFS...HELP!

3. awful performance of SysV shared memory on Linux

4. Xawtv and XFree4

5. Shared Memory in Linux

6. matrox m3d support in linux?

7. configure shared memory in linux

8. de0 driver on install floppy?

9. Informix Online: Shared Memory Problem (Linux)

10. Shared memory in linux

11. How to configure Shared Memory in Linux ?

12. shared memory and linux

13. Shared memory in linux (c/c++)