Printer Problems

Post by Tim Smi » Sun, 10 Apr 1994 19:37:59

Hello

    I'm having a problem with /dev/lp1. If I try to send anything to it I get
and error stating there is no such device, yet I see it in my /dev directory.
What gives?

- Tim Smith
- Linux Newbie

1. Printer problem, lpr: lp: unknown printer

I have problem printing from my printer the,
error read as  lpr: lp: unknown printer.

I have specified my HP laserjet 4/5/6 series during installation.

In /etc/conf.modules also found :

    alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

What seem to be the problem ?

How to  reinstall this printer ?

Any help will be appreciated.

TQ

CK

2. IP Masq help requested

3. Printer Problem: Default page size resets after power outage on remote line printer

4. UNIX admin certificates

5. Printer problem : printer job was not unlinked

6. Problems with the Ricoh CD-Writer

7. printer problem or setup problem ?

8. I feel stupid/Help

9. HELP! REMOTE 1) Printer problem 2) Term problem

10. [Fwd: Printer Problems & Sound Problems]

11. Printer Problems & Sound Problems

12. lpd - printer problems

13. another printer problem