master boot record -- LILO ATTACK

Post by Kernie Brashi » Thu, 16 Feb 1995 21:52:22

I need some help with LILO. I have moving LINUX from one machine and moving
windows to another. When I load dos on my old linux machine it loads okay but
when I boot, LILO still comes up. How do I rewrite the master boot record....

master boot record -- LILO ATTACK

Post by Dave Driv » Sat, 18 Feb 1995 19:55:10

Quote:

> I need some help with LILO. I have moving LINUX from one machine and moving
> windows to another. When I load dos on my old linux machine it loads okay but
> when I boot, LILO still comes up. How do I rewrite the master boot record....

This question is asked at least every day in this newsgroup.
The answer is FDISK /MBR from DOS.
For more info read the LILO HOWTO and FAQ.

* Dave Driver  Drive Consultants Ltd.  Lytham  Lancashire *