: Bad sec. ext. file system

Post by Stefan Pant » Wed, 25 May 1994 21:05:31

Hi!

I just recveived the Summer1994 YGGDRASYL CD-ROM Linux distribution
some days ago (Kernerl 1.1).

Independent of size(30 or 40 MB), location (third or forth partioion)
and type of partition (primary of extended), I always
get the message

  199 unused blocks

for one partition.
Furthermore, mounting this partition results in a warning
due to a file system with errors.
fsck reports fixes to the file system, but nothing seems
to change, the fs has still errors!
The system frequently crashes due to the ext2fs errors.

If I install a Minix FS, everything works quite well.

Is this behaviour due to THIS distribution?
Any workarounds?

Thanks for your help,

stefan

1. Enhanced Filing system - file system like DEC Advanced File system for Linux

    Some time ago I was involved in discussion on this news group regarding the
design of a new file system for Linux.  The main aim is to support dynamic size
changing by adding/removing partitions from the file system at run time without
interrupting processes that are using the file system.  Another major feature is
logging so that a system crash or power failure can be recovered from without
data loss or an excessive amount of time spent running FSCK.

  This project is now going ahead, if you are interested then please load up the
following URL: http://www.virtual.net.au/~rjc/enh-fs.html

Russell Coker

2. Can't get WD90C27 chipset to work

3. BUG in 0.99 pl 10 with ext file system

4. AIX 3.2, GCC, as

5. kernel: Cannot read proc file system: 9 - Bad file descriptor

6. Intermittent system "freeze" with games, dvds, multiple distros

7. msdos file system on 2.1GB SCSI with ext. transl. enabled

8. SMC Etherpower problem solved - Summary info

9. Advice on Ext File system

10. How to access ext file system from Windows?

11. File system problem: Bad File Number

12. *** HELP! *** Ext 2 file system error after installation

13. ...dup2: Bad file descriptor [FAILED] .../dev/null: Read-only file system