How does one use afio to backup a drive to DAT?

How does one use afio to backup a drive to DAT?

Post by s.. » Sat, 14 Jan 1995 10:14:46

I have a 2gb DAT drive, and would like to use 'afio' to backup my hard
drives.

Try as I might, I have not been able to figure out the appropriate commands
to backup the entire drive to the DAT.

Tar works just fine.  Any suggestions (and examples) would be appreciated.

--

FREE ACCESS TO E-MAIL & NEWS at +1 604 681 0670.  INFO on Environment,
Science, Medicine, AIDS, Native (Indigenous) Issues and more.  We sell

1. Sony SDT-7000 SCSI DAT Drive - anyone using one of these?

I just picked up one of these very cheap, new but with no docs.
I have it attached to an ASUS SC-200 and all seems well enough.
I'm not altogether thrilled with the throughput I get though.
There are some little switches on the bottom and I've got a PDF
manual indicating which way to switch them for this or that UNIX
version.  Naturally there is no indication if any particular setting
is desirable under FreeBSD 2.2.7.

So, does anyone else have one of these and can you offer any advise
on these "unix compatibility" switches.

I'm seeing ~500K/sec throughput, but it should be doing >800K.

Can anyone offer any hints on magic SCSI configuration pages I
should look into?

Ottawa, ON             FreeBSD: Where you want to go. Today.

2. lm-sensors on asus a7n8x

3. Tape backup scripts question (uses afio)

4. new lilo fake

5. dos backup using SCSI tape drive

6. Switching between ppp and ethernet: routing?

7. afio backup scripts incremental backup problem

8. multiple kernels from one source tree

9. Help: Dat drives - how do you backup/erase/etc?

10. 24 GB 4mm DAT drives --- viable backup option under Linux?

11. OFF TOPIC: What is the command to backup a hard disk to DAT tape using cpio?

12. Tape drive for backup (DAT orEXA)

13. DAT drive backups