ARCHIE for FAX

Post by Juan A. Varela F » Sun, 03 Oct 1993 20:53:31

I want to get some FAX software for my LINUX Box.  I have received several
names of candidate software.  However, nobody told me where to find it.
I browse through the tsx-11.mit.edu node without any luck. I can not make
archie searches, and I do not know the name of the filenames I am looking for.
Can anyone send me the path and node where different FAX software resides?
I would really appreciate any help on this!  Thanks in advance!

*                                                  TELEPHONE (708)771-9015    *
*  Te quiero flor de los mares,                          FAX (708)771-9049    *

ARCHIE for FAX

Post by Michael C. Loew » Tue, 05 Oct 1993 00:38:01

Quote:>I want to get some FAX software for my LINUX Box.  I have received several
>names of candidate software.  However, nobody told me where to find it.
>I browse through the tsx-11.mit.edu node without any luck. I can not make
>archie searches, and I do not know the name of the filenames I am looking for.
>Can anyone send me the path and node where different FAX software resides?

   The current version of Flexfax, from Sam Leffler at SGI, is said to work
with Linux, although I haven't tried it.  I have used it with SVR4 and SunOS,
though.  You can get it via FTP from ftp.sgi.com, from the /sgi/fax directory.

   Version 2.2 of Flexfax is still in Beta, but almost in final form.  The
last version I saw was:

v2.2beta070.src.tar.Z

--
Mike Loewen                         The Centre Programmers Unit BBS

ARCHIE for FAX

Post by roo » Tue, 05 Oct 1993 10:54:21

:    The current version of Flexfax, from Sam Leffler at SGI, is said to work
: with Linux, although I haven't tried it.  I have used it with SVR4 and SunOS,
: though.  You can get it via FTP from ftp.sgi.com, from the /sgi/fax directory.

:    Version 2.2 of Flexfax is still in Beta, but almost in final form.  The
: last version I saw was:
: v2.2beta070.src.tar.Z

Has anyone got this to compile on Linux?  I am having some problems with
it.  For one thing, the makefile doesn't work, there's no way to do
a make depend.

I did look but I couldn't find binaries for this.

: --
: Mike Loewen                         The Centre Programmers Unit BBS

--

5479 Castle Manor Drive
San Jose, CA 95129              Thanks for letting me change

ARCHIE for FAX

Post by Gert Doeri » Tue, 05 Oct 1993 22:44:13

Quote:>I want to get some FAX software for my LINUX Box.  I have received several
>names of candidate software.  However, nobody told me where to find it.

For mgetty+sendfax, look on sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/system/serial

gert
--
I've got a signature breakdown! Anybody got a spare one?

ARCHIE for FAX

Post by Ric » Fri, 08 Oct 1993 09:03:12

>:    Version 2.2 of Flexfax is still in Beta, but almost in final form.  The
>: last version I saw was:
>: v2.2beta070.src.tar.Z
>Has anyone got this to compile on Linux?  I am having some problems with
>it.  For one thing, the makefile doesn't work, there's no way to do
>a make depend.

What version of FlexFAX are you trying to compile?  Beta versions of 2.2 have
been working on linux since beta008.  As the porter, if you have problems
compiling newer versions, I would like to hear about them.

Thanks,
Rick.

ARCHIE for FAX

Post by Mark Buckaw » Mon, 11 Oct 1993 23:37:19

: Has anyone got this to compile on Linux?  I am having some problems with
: it.  For one thing, the makefile doesn't work, there's no way to do
: a make depend.

: I did look but I couldn't find binaries for this.

Compiles fine IF you get the patches from sunsite.unc.edu. Of all the
fax packages I have tried, this one, IMHO, is the best.

Mark

DataSoft Communications | uunorth!datasoft!root     |  62 Rock Fernway
System Administrator    | Voice: +1 416 756 4497    |  Willowdale, ON M2J 4N5
    "UNIX and OS/2 are operating systems. Windows is a shell, and
                         DOS is an boot virus"

ARCHIE for FAX

Post by Zhuo Er L » Wed, 13 Oct 1993 14:10:38

>: Has anyone got this to compile on Linux?  I am having some problems with
>: it.  For one thing, the makefile doesn't work, there's no way to do
>: a make depend.
>: I did look but I couldn't find binaries for this.
>Compiles fine IF you get the patches from sunsite.unc.edu. Of all the
>fax packages I have tried, this one, IMHO, is the best.

I have a Class 1 FAX modem.  According to what I know, only NetFax supports
Classs 1 modem.  Does anyone compile it successfully under Linux ?
|  Eric Lin                        Voice:   (204) 783-2884             |
|    Computer Engineering      FAX Modem:   (204) 783-2884             |

ARCHIE for FAX

Post by Ric » Thu, 14 Oct 1993 08:25:25

Quote:>I have a Class 1 FAX modem.  According to what I know, only NetFax supports
>Classs 1 modem.  Does anyone compile it successfully under Linux ?

I might be wrong, but I understood netfax was another name for the GNU
product, fax-3.2.1, which doesn't (last time I looked) support class 1
faxmodems.

What I do know is that flexfax-2.2 does support class 1 modems - I use
it with my class 1 Spirit II.  Available at sgi.com in sgi/fax.

Rick.

ARCHIE for FAX

Post by Arnd Vehli » Fri, 15 Oct 1993 23:11:32

Quote:>I have a Class 1 FAX modem.  According to what I know, only NetFax supports
>Classs 1 modem.  Does anyone compile it successfully under Linux ?

Yep, but it doesn't support class1. The only unix-based package i know which
supports class1 is Flexfax.

  A r n d

1. archie: archie failed: Timed out (dirsend)

I just downloaded archie and gopher binaries from sunsite.  Gopher
seems fine but my archie queries always come back with:

archie failed: Timed out (dirsend)

Where do I start looking to correct this problem?

Thanks.
Andrew Mitz, Biomedical Eng., National Institutes | Opinions are mine alone

2. Please HELP with DTC 3280AS SCSI controller

3. Default route won't stick

4. Any fax programs available for Class-1 fax modem?

5. wav to MP3

6. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!

7. TeX/LaTeX on AIX RS/6000

8. Fax modems answering data calls as FAX

9. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!