Problems in istalling SCO Word Perfect under iBCS

Problems in istalling SCO Word Perfect under iBCS

Post by D Parso » Mon, 20 Jun 1994 05:21:26

I installed all the disks using the recommended command:
   dd if=/dev/fd0 bs=18k skip=1 | tar xfv -
and ./wpinstall brings up the installation menu. The first problem is that
the printer selection screen is messed up and I had to select all (175)
printers to proceed. On starting the INSTALL the screen for confirmation
of SCO unix is not working. It scrolls constantly and does not allow
entry of yes to SCO. In my first attempt I had selected the text
installation only so I tried to modify the wpinstall.char file to
bypass this SCo confirmation.
   Has any one else installed SCO WP and can tell me about this?
Thanks, Don

--
Donald F. Parsons MD, Wadsworth Ctr. Rm C273, NY State Dept of Health, ESP,
PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201-0509. (518)474-7047 Fax: (518)474-7992

Post by Mike Jagd » Wed, 22 Jun 1994 04:27:00

DP> On starting the INSTALL the screen for confirmation
DP> of SCO unix is not working. It scrolls constantly and does
DP> not allow entry of yes to SCO.

At some stage WP traded the set of bugs I knew about for another set.
Apparently (they don't occur in the copy I have) you can get round it by
editing wpinstall.char, look for the oscheck() routine then change the 'read
ans' to 'ans=3' and 'read flag' to 'flag=y'.

                        Mike

1. Word Perfect on SCO UNIX problem

Is anyone here administering a SCO UNIX system that has Word Perfect
installed on it?  I'm trying to help someone with such a system with a
kind of strange problem.  WP can not see the files in her home
directory (/usr/doris).  If we go out into UNIX, and ls that directory
the files are definitely there.  She can retrieve an individual file
by using the file name in WP but trying to see the directory contents
with the F5 key does nothing.  Other users are not having this
problem.  I've checked the file location for documents in her WP setup
and it seems fine.  The files are all owned by this user, and she is a
part of the group associated with the files.

Anyone able to help with the "invisible filenames" problem?  Thank
you.

Sandy

2. Admin Secure www server/client?

3. Sco version of word perfect on Linux....

4. Any body got a euro symbol working

5. Word Perfect 5.0 for SCO

6. ANN: BUSH 0.9: Linux/UNIX Business Shell

7. SCO Word Perfect

8. .bin files?

9. Getting the SCO demo version of Word Perfect working under Linux

10. Looking for Word Perfect for SCO

11. Word Perfect for SCO?

12. WORD PERFECT FOR SCO UNIX

13. Word-Perfect SCO demo