Automatic routing tables update ?

Post by Damien BILL » Thu, 27 Jan 1994 02:38:42

  I am running Linux pl14 and Net2Debugged 1.24.

  Despite the fact that I have no 'routed' daemon, the routing tables of
my system are automatically updated with entries like (netstat -r):

123.34.56.0     123.34.55.1     UGNDM   0       0       eth0

  How can I forbid this kind of update ?

1. How Do Routing Table Entries Get Added to Routing Table at Bootup?

I have, what I think, is a simple question for the TCP/IP guys out there
who are familar with routing tables on AIX 4.1.5/4.2.1 in an IBM SP
environment. Or maybe not.

I have recently noticed that when I execute a 'netstat -r' on a
particular node in the SP environment, there are routing table entries
that I know I didn't put in there. I have to delete these "unwelcomed"
entries and re-add the correct ones. This is undesireable and maybe a
quick crash course in routing tables is justified. These unwelcomed
routing table entries seem to be automatically added right after I have
IPL'ed the node in question.

How did these routing table entries get added in the routing table? Does
anybody know the process?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. KDE 1.0 to 1.1pre2 upgrade

3. Automatic routing table changes

4. /dev/cua0 not accessible with uucp / dialin bizarre ?

5. Route Table Update Problem

6. Patch to ymfpci from ALSA 0.99

7. routing table update?

8. Beta Test Sun Download Manager 1.0

9. kernel routing table update bug(?)

10. Kernel IP Routing tables do not update

11. dynamic update of routing table

12. Routing table update

13. Disable the updating of the routing table?