NEC CDR-210 recognized but not usable -- Help!

NEC CDR-210 recognized but not usable -- Help!

Post by John Vo » Sat, 07 May 1994 15:38:47

Hello Linux community:

I have just obtained a brand new NEC CDR-210 cd-rom reader. I have
connected it to my Proaudio Spectrum 16 scsi port. Linux recognizes the
existance of the PAS scsi port and the existance of the NEC CDR-210 ( as
per all the messages during bootup ). Yet, I cannot access the cd-rom
reader with any of the programs I have on my system.

For example,  I try to activate workman in X and it reports that there is
no cd-rom available. Other programs I have tried respond likewise.

Are there any Linux users out there who have a similar setup that is
working? Would you like to share any relevant details with me?
( wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more.... )

I offer my humble gratitude in advance - thank you

John

PS: if I may inquire, what must I do to Linux to make my PAS 16
manipulate audio information such as .wav and .au files ?

NEC CDR-210 recognized but not usable -- Help!

Post by John Vo » Sun, 08 May 1994 16:11:14

Thanks to Forrest! It's fixed.

John