Keyboard sends additional back tick character

Keyboard sends additional back tick character

Post by John Zoetebie » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:24:31

Every now and then my keyboard sends an additional back tic (character
"`") to the screen.
It is not related to a particular program.
It happens mostly when I start typing again.
My operating system is Mandrake 8.2
Motherbaord DFI AM75-TC, keyboard Dell QuietKey.
Previously I had motherboard AK75-EC with the same problem.
Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this problem?

John Zoetebier

Keyboard sends additional back tick character

Post by Adam Haed » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:21:00

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:24:31 +1300, John Zoetebier

>Every now and then my keyboard sends an additional back tic (character
>"`") to the screen.
>It is not related to a particular program.
>It happens mostly when I start typing again.
>My operating system is Mandrake 8.2
>Motherbaord DFI AM75-TC, keyboard Dell QuietKey.
>Previously I had motherboard AK75-EC with the same problem.
>Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this problem?

I had this EXACT same problem with a Dell QuietKey. Switched
keyboards, went away.

1. KEyboard sends additional back tick character

Every now and then my keyboard sends an additional back tick (character
"`") to the screen.
It is not related to a particular program.
It happens mostly when I start typing again.
My operating system is Mandrake 8.2
Motherbaord DFI AM75-TC, keyboard Dell QuietKey.
Previously I had motherboard AK75-EC with the same problem.
Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this problem?

John Zoetebier

2. HELP: Bowman and Wine INSTALL

3. specifying back-ticks in an alias (csh/tcsh)

4. user based authentication apache 2.0

5. Random Back Ticks - Dell Optiplex GXa

6. Learning Linux

7. Sed and possible double back-ticks -- great alias gone to hell

8. HP Officejet 635

9. irritating ticking from keyboard when playing mp3s

10. USB Flash Drive with Additional an Additional Funtionality

11. MS Internet keyboard Linux support for additional keys??

12. MS Keyboard -- 3 Additional Keys

13. keyboard with additional function keys