experience w/ vendors

Post by Sandeep Meh » Sat, 31 Dec 1994 06:43:04

I'm looking into buying a 486DX4 box w/ Linux preinstalled from one
of the vendors advertising in the Linux Journal. A little bit of
comparison shopping revealed that their price for the package is
competitive. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience buying
ready-to-run Linux boxes from these vendors (SW Technology and
Fintronic are the two I called).

While it would be fairly easy to do install Slackware on a Dell/GW2k
box myself I'd rather mix and match components and not deal w/ the
hassle of installation.

Any info or recommendation would be appreciated. Please reply by
email (I'll post a summary).

Thanks!

/sandeep
--

1. Experiences with turnkey Linux system vendors

I'm looking to purchase a new Intel Linux system from one of the turnkey
system vendors (VA Research, SWT, Apache, Promox...). I would like to
know if anyone has had experience with any of these vendors. Did you
purchase a system? Were you satisfied with hardware, Linux setup,
service before and after the sale?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jayme Frye
Sys Admin
Epsen Hillmer Graphics Co.

2. ADSL/Ethernet Card/Red Hat 6.2

3. Rhino Vendors / Experiences (esp. Mega Tech)?

4. 2.2.14-5.0 oops (st.o related?)

5. Bad Vendor experience "Technology Distribution Network Inc"

6. Need some information on software on solaris

7. Turn-Key Linux Vendors -- what are your experiences?

8. User PPP w/ DHCP?

9. Are RPMs usables from vendor to vendor ?

10. A list of vender name to vender ID mappings -- http://caff.openbeer.it/wireless/mac_list.txt

11. (OT)SOFTWARE VENDOR LICENSE AGREEMENT a Great Read.

12. ??: Linux Hardware Vendor(s) In Canada?

13. World's second largest vendor of Windows machines chooses NT4 for Web Site