Need help building brl-cad

Post by nick lero » Thu, 08 Dec 1994 03:33:25

Hello out there!

Has anybody out there had any luck building BRL-CAD?  I finally got the
registration stuff taken care of, untarred the stuff, but now I'm having
no end of difficulties *building* it.

In particular, cake complains no matter what I do.  It complains about
../Cakefile.lib, Cakefile, etc.  I'm not even sure if my cake is built
correctly.  I did have to patch it a bit to get it to compile / link
(yylineno and yywrap definitions).  I'm not exactly a yacc / lex expert
(not even close), so I'm not sure what exactly is going on.  If anybody
could give me some pointers, it'd be *greatly* appreciated.

Oh -- the other relevant stuff:
gcc: 2.6.2 (and matching libs, etc).
Kernel: 1.1.66 (if that matters)
brl-cad: 4.2

Thanks in advance...
-Nick

--
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| /`-_     Nicholas R LeRoy            | Linux -- What *nix was meant to be. |

| \   */   Camtronics, LTD, PO Box 950 |  Escape the Gates of Hell with      |
| |___|    Hartland, WI 53029          |   The choice of a GNU generation... |
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

1. Need help building BRL-CAD package

Hello out there!

Has anybody out there had any luck building BRL-CAD?  I finally got the
registration stuff taken care of, untarred the stuff, but now I'm having
no end of difficulties *building* it.

In particular, cake complains no matter what I do.  It complains about
../Cakefile.lib, Cakefile, etc.  I'm not even sure if my cake is built
correctly.  I did have to patch it a bit to get it to compile / link
(yylineno and yywrap definitions).  I'm not exactly a yacc / lex expert
(not even close), so I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but I really
don't think that I broke it.....

If anybody could give me some pointers, it'd be *greatly* appreciated.

Oh -- the other relevant stuff:
gcc: 2.6.2 (and matching libs, etc).
Kernel: 1.1.66 (if that matters)
brl-cad: 4.2

Thanks in advance...
-Nick

--
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| /`-_     Nicholas R LeRoy            | Linux -- What *nix was meant to be. |

| \   */   Camtronics, LTD, PO Box 950 |  Escape the Gates of Hell with      |
| |___|    Hartland, WI 53029          |   The choice of a GNU generation... |
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

2. Question about init/inittab on SVR4

3. BRL-CAD under Linux

4. Bilder schneller laden

5. Knobs and buttons for XF86, BRL-CAD 5.0 Beta

6. Please HELP: IPCP timeout sending Config-Requests

7. brl-cad

8. Logging cached "hits"

9. brl cad package on linux?

10. BRL CAD

11. CAD HELP NEEDED

12. porint magic (VLSI CAD); need advice (or help)

13. help building kernel: help need to pass module specifuc parameters to scsi card