1. Trouble initializing setup
I've downloaded RH 5.1, including tons of RPM's. Now when trying to
install, the process halts at 'Partition check'.
I have a P166MXX, with 64 Mb RAM, Two HD's, one Quantum Fireball (2 gig)
and one Samsung (2.5 gig). The smaller one in one partition and the
second in two partitions: 1.5 and 1 gig. That gives C: with W95 wich I
want to leave as it is (...) on the first disk, and D: with 1.5 gigs of
free space on witch I have placed RH. On the last partition, E:, I've
decided to let Q2 with friends reside untouched... It's all in Fat.
What happens is the following: When booting from floppy made with
rawrite under DOS, It looks just like it should (I guess), with optional
install methods (Expert, Kickstart and so on)and all. I choose plain
'Install' and the mashine starts loading 'initrd.img' and then
'vmlinus.img '. In the following detection process it hangs while
'checking partition'. It passes 'hda: Hda1' and stops on the next one,
witch is called 'hdd'. (why 'd'...) with the marker flashing and the
I've tried too format the drive (no probs). I've tried too boot into
'Expert mode'. I've tried too download another copy of boot.img. As one
post on this newsgroup read I've tried to undo my overclock of the CPU
(witch did'nt cause any problems, earlier I had it clocked to 200,
instead of 166). Nothing works. I've even shuffeled RH over too a second
machine and done the same thing, and on that machine it was no problems,
I got by THAT problem. But it's this machine I want Linux on.
What am I doing wrong here??
Thanx in advance.
2. chrooted daemons howto
3. Trouble initializing DHCP
4. Solaris 9 install: device detection
5. Upgrade Mandrake 7.1 to RH 7.2 - Trouble initializing during quota check
6. vi (Re: =-> Is /tmp: -rw-rw-rw- root system" a risc?)
7. Trouble initializing PPI modem for fax transmission
8. Printer out of paper
9. trouble initializing my modems sometimes
10. trouble initializing my modem
11. Sockets sockets and more sockets
12. Socket, Socket, whose got the socket?
13. Socket, socket, who's got the socket?