Setting up a modem @ 57600 bps.

Post by Robert Si » Fri, 11 Mar 1994 08:46:38

Okay.  I have gone through the slackware installation and all that and

modem will take a DTE speed of 57600 bps -- how do I go about changing
this so that I can take advantage of these higher speeds?

-Robert Sink              | "Drink  provokes the desire,  but  it  takes   -

Setting up a modem @ 57600 bps.

Post by Charles W. Blumrei » Fri, 11 Mar 1994 14:47:58

:->Okay.  I have gone through the slackware installation and all that and

:->modem will take a DTE speed of 57600 bps -- how do I go about changing
:->this so that I can take advantage of these higher speeds?

There is a program called setserial.  I'm sure its available at most
Linux sites, but I know its on tsx and sunsite.
It should come with the info needed to use it.
--
Charles W Blumreich III

Destroy MS-DOG!!!
Nuke MicroSLOTH Windoze!!!
Eradicate OS-half!!!
Use Linux! Free Unix for your 386/486/ Pentium !!!

Anyone who claims him/her self as God, clearly has an ego problem.
Anyone who claims him/her self as demon spawn clearly needs adjustment.