NMI errors with Adaptec 1540 controller

Post by P J Backhou » Fri, 11 Nov 1994 08:49:34

I'm having problems getting my Adaptek 1540 controller to
work. With the BIOS enabled, my machine just hangs after the
CMOS info display. With it disabled and booting from a
slackware install disk, NMI errors are mentioned and it
says that it's attempting to continue. The hard disk appears
to be recognized, and the two partitions. When I mount them
in /mnt/dos_a and /mnt/dos_b, however, they appear to be
empty, though no erros are given. If I run 'fdisk /dev/hda1'
no erros are given either.

Any ideas?

Peter Backhouse