SCSI (Ultrastor 14F from Gateway is not recognized).

SCSI (Ultrastor 14F from Gateway is not recognized).

Post by Eri » Fri, 01 Apr 1994 10:59:00

I currently purchased a computer from Gateway.....
        486DX2-66
        8 Meg
        SCSI Ultrastor 14F (controlling 2 SCSI drives) Local Bus Controller

The problem that I am having is that I am trying to load LINUX on the
new system and the SCSI bootdisk from Slackware is not recognizing the
SCSI device.  The device works fine under DOS and I have had no problems
with the system up to this point.  The exact error is something to the effect:

SCSI device:  0 hard drives found, 0 CD rom found, 0 tape drives found

Does anyone know why this doesn't work.  The FAQ says that Ultrastor devices
are supported yet mine is not????

Please help!!!!!

Eric Wenger

SCSI (Ultrastor 14F from Gateway is not recognized).

Post by Eri » Sun, 03 Apr 1994 04:51:18

I just wanted to thank all those who have helped me with many suggestions
to my problem.  I will be trying them out soon.

Thanks again...

Eric Wenger

1. State of UltraStor 14F SCSI driver

I happen to be one of the few (2??) people running Linux with an UltraStor 14F
SCSI controller; it seems like the rest of the Linux SCSI world is using
Adaptec or Seagate controllers.  I have seen mentioned in a few posts that
someone is working on SCSI driver improvements, but I haven't seen any specific
adapters mentioned (other than the trusty AHA1542). Is anybody working on
the UltraStor driver?  Are the improved drivers available anywhere? I looked in
the obvious places on banjo.concert.net and tsx-11.mit.edu; no luck.

I just received the 14F technical docs from UltraStor yesterday, so I am going
to work on the existing driver this weekend, but I don't want to duplicate
effort.  Any hints for accomplishing such a task? I haven't fooled around
with drivers before, but the UltraStor docs look pretty straightforward.  I
even joined the SCSI mailing list, but have yet to receive one piece of mail
from it other than the acknowledgement that I was signed up.

Thanks in advance!
Scott
Scott Taylor             | "Speak for NI? I'm not even sure I can
(512) 795-6837           | adequately speak for myself!!!"

Scott Taylor             | "Speak for NI? I'm not even sure I can
(512) 795-6837           | adequately speak for myself!!!"

2. AIX 1.3 support for 9515 monitor?

3. need SCSI advice, FD 1670 vs UltraStor 14f

4. graphics cards

5. SCSI Error 27070000, Adaptec 1540B and UltraStor 14F

6. Apache conf for midi type?

7. Ultrastor 14f Kernal panic:

8. ???: Avatar Technology / VBox Computer Information??

9. Anyone using UltraStor 14F??

10. Dual Ultrastor 14f Controllers

11. Ultrastor 14f F and Linux 1.1.20

12. UltraStor 14F driver