Now that I've read the FAQ...

Post by arthur bla » Tue, 27 Sep 1994 06:16:35

A 'few' questions from a frustrated newcomer:

I installed Yggdrasil PlugnPlay (yeah, right) and, when it
tries tomount the root partition I get alot of EXT2-fs
errors. I used e2fsck and it said it worked but I still
get them when I reboot.

Is there an index with descriptions of all the files this
CD put on my harddrive? I'd like to delete what I dont
need (I used "custom" setup). I'd also just like to know
what's where!

My buslogic BT445 is recognized as an Adaptek 1542. Are
there linux drivers for my card specifically?

Where the heck is kermit? I can only find the documentation
files, Not the source or binaries on the CD. I scoured the
CD with find.

Where are drivers for Mach64? (ATI GPT 2MB VLB)

Where did LILO get installed such that the BIOS finds it
upon startup.

Thanx.

--
"Television is chewing gum for the eyes" - Frank Lloyd Wright
Dont forget to vote in news.announce.newgroups !

1. I've read/am reading the faq's - but what is a Segmentation fault?

I am reading the faq's as fast as I can, but I would really appreciate a
pointer to information about Segmentation faults.  Every time I try to run
Pico (among others) the system responds with "Segmentation fault".  What
does it mean?  How can i fix it?  Is it in a FAQ?  Which one?

THANKS!!!
Dana
----------

----------
 \ The above does not represent OIT, UNC-CH, laUNChpad, or its other users. /

2. Need Adobe premier equivalence for linux

3. BackSpace, Delete, Vim (I've read all the FAQ's)

4. Samba How-To

5. I've just been reading the unix FAQ ...

6. Memory mapping and Solaris x86

7. I've read FAQ, still only get LI on boot

8. connection throttle in apache : mod_throttle experience question

9. gcc sig11 problem (I've read the FAQ)

10. You've got yours, I've got mine... let the others in their shit!

11. I've installed Red Hat 5.0 Linux and I've got a problem

12. Setup HP LaserJet4L & Slackware v2.3 (I've read the HOW TO's)

13. Help with ppp....I've read all the How-to's .....