Need help building BRL-CAD package

Post by nick lero » Sun, 11 Dec 1994 03:18:12

Hello out there!

Has anybody out there had any luck building BRL-CAD?  I finally got the
registration stuff taken care of, untarred the stuff, but now I'm having
no end of difficulties *building* it.

In particular, cake complains no matter what I do.  It complains about
../Cakefile.lib, Cakefile, etc.  I'm not even sure if my cake is built
correctly.  I did have to patch it a bit to get it to compile / link
(yylineno and yywrap definitions).  I'm not exactly a yacc / lex expert
(not even close), so I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but I really
don't think that I broke it.....

If anybody could give me some pointers, it'd be *greatly* appreciated.

Oh -- the other relevant stuff:
gcc: 2.6.2 (and matching libs, etc).
Kernel: 1.1.66 (if that matters)
brl-cad: 4.2

Thanks in advance...
-Nick

--
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| /`-_     Nicholas R LeRoy            | Linux -- What *nix was meant to be. |

| \   */   Camtronics, LTD, PO Box 950 |  Escape the Gates of Hell with      |
| |___|    Hartland, WI 53029          |   The choice of a GNU generation... |
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

Post by James E. Hunt (BVLD/LT » Wed, 14 Dec 1994 00:48:40

|> Has anybody out there had any luck building BRL-CAD?

You are in luck my friend:

> Date:     Thu, 8 Dec 94 2:47:31 GMT

> Subject:  BRL-CAD port to Linux

> Jim Hunt unexpectedly mentioned yesterday that he had just put a Linux
> machine on the network here at ARL.  This was a delightful surprise
> to me.

> Linux is a free UNIX-like operating system for the IBM PC platform, and
> quite a few people have been enquiring about a BRL-CAD port to Linux.
> Until now, the development team hasn't had access to a Linux platform
> to test on, so we have been unable to help much.

> This evening I've begun porting BRL-CAD 4.3beta2 to Linux, and it's
> been going very smoothly so far.  Assuming there are no major stumbling
> blocks, I expect that we will be adding Linux to the list of "supported"
> platforms.

> Thus, Linux should join BSDI and NetBSD as an IBM PC alternative for BRL-CAD.

> For your reference, this port is being done on Linux 1.1.59. (POSIX).

>    Best,
>     -Mike

So hold your breath another week or so for release 4.4.

--jim

1. Need help building brl-cad

Hello out there!

Has anybody out there had any luck building BRL-CAD?  I finally got the
registration stuff taken care of, untarred the stuff, but now I'm having
no end of difficulties *building* it.

In particular, cake complains no matter what I do.  It complains about
../Cakefile.lib, Cakefile, etc.  I'm not even sure if my cake is built
correctly.  I did have to patch it a bit to get it to compile / link
(yylineno and yywrap definitions).  I'm not exactly a yacc / lex expert
(not even close), so I'm not sure what exactly is going on.  If anybody
could give me some pointers, it'd be *greatly* appreciated.

Oh -- the other relevant stuff:
gcc: 2.6.2 (and matching libs, etc).
Kernel: 1.1.66 (if that matters)
brl-cad: 4.2

Thanks in advance...
-Nick

--
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| /`-_     Nicholas R LeRoy            | Linux -- What *nix was meant to be. |

| \   */   Camtronics, LTD, PO Box 950 |  Escape the Gates of Hell with      |
| |___|    Hartland, WI 53029          |   The choice of a GNU generation... |
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

2. PLEASE HELP ME !! My local PC client can't (E)SMTP connect to sendmail 8.7

3. BRL-CAD under Linux

4. how to verify a dump tape?

5. Knobs and buttons for XF86, BRL-CAD 5.0 Beta

7. brl-cad

8. netatalk afpd errors, asp_alarm

9. brl cad package on linux?

10. BRL CAD

11. HELP! Good CAD package(s) for Linux??

12. help find a CAD-like package..

13. CAD HELP NEEDED