Lines ?

Post by Mathias Homa » Wed, 29 Jun 1994 01:49:23

Hija,

can anybody tell me why I get Lines ? in the upper left corner when reading
my news with Tin?

only happens with news written by myself.

bye,
        Mathias

Lines ?

Post by Kevin Lent » Wed, 29 Jun 1994 21:13:12

> Hija,
> can anybody tell me why I get Lines ? in the upper left corner when reading
> my news with Tin?
> only happens with news written by myself.

Tin does not add in Lines: headers to articles posted. The default CNews
installation has the Lines: stuff commented out in inews. If an article
apsses through an INN sight anytime in its lifetime, a Lines: header will
be added. Chances are, only people at your site are seeing your article
without lines. Or maybe a few close by sites. It's not really a hassle.

Solution:
If you're running CNews, search through inews for the Lines: section and
uncomment it. (assuming you can do this on your machine)

If not, and you really want this fixed, contact me. I have some patches
written locally that will make Tin add a Lines: header.

This problem is _not_ Linux related (specifically)

--
[==================================================================]
[ Kevin Lentin                   |___/~\__/~\___/~~~~\__/~\__/~\_| ]

[ Macintrash: 'Just say NO!'     |___/~\__/~\___/~~~~\____/~~\___| ]
[==================================================================]

Lines ?

Post by Mathias Homa » Thu, 30 Jun 1994 20:27:32

: Tin does not add in Lines: headers to articles posted. The default CNews
: installation has the Lines: stuff commented out in inews. If an article
: apsses through an INN sight anytime in its lifetime, a Lines: header will
: be added. Chances are, only people at your site are seeing your article
: without lines. Or maybe a few close by sites. It's not really a hassle.

: Solution:
: If you're running CNews, search through inews for the Lines: section and
: uncomment it. (assuming you can do this on your machine)

Do You mean this stuff:

 lines="                       # sop to msb, just uncomment to use
 (sed 1d $inbody;               # take out the first (blank) line
 if test -r $HOME/.signature; then
        echo '-- '
        sed 4q $HOME/.signature
 fi) | wc -l "
 echo Lines: $lines

(- done -)

bye,
        Mathias
--
Mathias Homann                          |           ||||

1. Linux permanent Line (connection two linux machines over a leased line (permanent telephone line)

Hi

I am trying to configure a ppp server to connection two linux machines
together. Aim is to connect two lans and finally make it possible to connect
into the internet through one server.

The leased line (permanen telephone line) is working. I can connect both
machines via minicom, but i am not able to set up the ppp server. If read
the standard howto's and i haven't solved setting up server and client
probably, whether normal ppp-client is working for other accounts.

Any experiences, suggestions? Help would be real great.

thanks in advance for every help

Christian

2. ksh: variable evaluation

3. line by line reading of the lines in list

4. New scans on port 11753?

5. one liner which prints n lines before and m lines after the line found by grep

6. Mach64 card w/Mach64 or SVGA Xserver

7. line by line without using echo "$i" | while read line?

8. warnings from 'ld' when building shared lib

9. Find a string, delete that line, delete 1 line before it and all lines after it...

10. JobConnectEurope & The Contractor's Club Now On-Line, Thousands of IT Jobs On-Line..

11. converting multi-line records to single line record

12. Problem with Reason Line in Status line of a http response from Tomcat

13. OSR5: my cursor has only 1 scan line in vi, 18 scan lines elsewhere