How to get term binaries to work ?

Post by Michael Hu » Wed, 26 Oct 1994 07:33:18

Hello, I have got term 2.1.4 setup and got trsh, tredir,... to work.

However, when I get the term binaries 2.0.4 which includes telnet, rlogin,
ftp,...  I can only get rlogin to work, other programs report 'Network
Unreachable' error.  I have also tried to run Mosaic+term, it starts but
it cannot connect to the NSCA home page.

Please help
Thanks
Michael
Michael Hung

1. Problems getting term to work

  I just tried to compile a newer version of term (2.2.5), but I can't
get it to work.  I followed the directions by doing (as root),
"./configure --root; make; make install installman"

  But now when I try to run term as a normal user, I get, "term: can't
find library 'libtermnet.so.2'" and it exits.  I don't get that error
when I run as root.  The perms are 755 for the libtermnet files (and
the directories in the path to it), and the executables are setgid
term.  What's going on?  I had the same problem when I first installed
an older version a few months back, but I've forgotten what I did to
fix it.

  Also, how does one get the static version of Mosaic+term to work?
Do I need to have the same version of term installed as it was
compiled with?  That's why I was trying to install 2.2.5...  It
wouldn't connect with any servers (including localhost) with the older
version of term...(it was a pre-compiled binary...)

  Thanks for your help

        "We're sorry, but flight 4.0 to Chicago has been delayed..."
                                        -an OS/2 T-shirt

2. IBM Thinkpad 310

3. Problem getting Term (1.14) to work

4. pls help me compile ppp-2.3.5

5. HELP getting TERM + name services to work

6. ODBC drivers for linux

7. HELP: Getting dns to work with TERM.

8. Problem with long username (>8 chars)

9. Help getting backspace to work with ttelnet (for term)

10. getting xemacs to work (binaries) or compile for PPC aix 4.3.2

11. How to get telnet from my work to home machine with term working.

12. TERM works, then stops, then works! Please help.

13. Term Binaries needed