yggdrasil summer '94 linux + ftape

Post by Gre » Mon, 08 Aug 1994 05:56:29

I have the yggdrasil summer '94 edition of linux...it already has
a /dev/ftape device node, and when it boots it displays a message
that "3 buffers allocated for ftape".  Do I have to do anything
special to use ftape?  Do I still need to re-build my kernel?  Or
can I just use it?

1. Yggdrasil Summer 94 to Fall 94 upgrade -- HOW TO???

I have Yggdrasil's Summer 94 running on my 486DX-33 *without* the CD-ROM
(who was asking?) after long hours of setup and fixing problems.
I got the Fall 94 edition CD with X11R6 and so on.

But I can't find any HOW TO upgrade this thing.  I am afraid of loosing all
my setup (parameter files etc) and I have no decent means to backup the whole
system (I am not sure if saving /etc and /usr/etc would suffice).

I have alread looked at ftp.yggdrasil.com and there is nothing about it.
No bookstore here has got the Second Edition Bible and I coudn't see anything
about version upgrade in the announcement.

Does anybody know how to do this?  Have you acctually done that?

I am sure I am not the only one with this problem, so please post what you know.

Thanks a lot.

--

2. Number Nine....Number Nine....Number Nine

3. Can't install Yggdrasil Summer '94

4. Iomega ZIP: Internal SCSI w/ provided controller card?

5. Yggdrasil Summer '94: Doesn't use CDROM controlled by SB-16

6. ftp: bin/ascii

7. Yggdrasil Summer '94, PAS16 & Texel 3021 can't install

8. Problem applying patch to HME driver

9. X11 Yggdrasil Summer '94 ??

10. Yggdrasil summer '94, TMC-850 SCSI

11. Yggdrasil summer '94 & Mitsumi FX001D CD-ROM

12. YGGDRASIL Summer 94 - Plug 'n Play my BUTT!

13. Yggdrasil Summer '94 Problems With X!