dot clock

Post by Eric Pears » Sun, 29 May 1994 13:50:39

thanks to several generous comp.os.linux.help subscribers, I've now got a
functional Xconfig. Now I'd like to try some video refinements. Eric
Raymond's revision of Bob Crosson/Chin Fang 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to
X386/XFree86 Video Timing' refers to 'card driving clock frequency' as
being the number of pixels per second then card can write to the screen
and probably documneted in the video card manual. My manual does not have
that. It is a STB PowerGraph VL-24 for VESA Local Bus with S3 capability
(the S3 server from Slackware Linux 1.1.2 works).

How do i find the dot clock info? I am a Unix newbie so please be explicit.
If you ever need help in the MVS/CICS/DB2/chile/saxophone world you'll
have a handy source.

Thanks,
Eric Pearson