To POLL or Not To POLL the mouse

Post by Jay I Ch » Sat, 29 Jan 1994 18:40:08

I'd like to put a simple mouse support to my program.
The easiest way I can think of is polling /dev/mouse repeatedly.
However, without some delay between polls, this approach ties up
the system and in fact does not make much sense because the maximum
sampling rate is only about 50 Hz.
Unfortunately, the standard "sleep" cannot be used as a delay routine
since 1 sec interval between polls is too long.
Does anybody have better idea/technique?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

--Jay

--

Hipress/Spectra/Sherlock/Pils Linux System Manager. (206) 543-7543
Physics, U. of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195

1. poll.h file and poll function not found

Hi, does anyone have sys/poll.h file and can use poll function?
I've installed gcc and all packages associated with it, but there is no
sys/poll.h file.  I'd appreciate if anyone told me where to get a library
package that contains this file/function.

thanks,
/Simon

2. Q: Linux & MVP3 chipset OK?

3. poll/select in udprelay - anyone have poll.c(h) code for linux?

4. X & RH52 Problem

5. hylafax, poll sending, poll server

6. Adaptec 2940 Support

7. Q: poll.h and poll()

8. Linux kernel - and regular sync'ing?

9. What are the Disadvantages of poll, /dev/poll

10. My Freebsd driver hangs in poll function after some time (problem with poll)

11. poll.h file and poll function

12. X server polling mouse

13. acpi-polling: mouse goes wild