1. Pick up characters as they are received from another terminal
I am writing a program which involves graphics and allows the operator
to manipulate the display using arrow keys, etc.
It is necessary that the program pick up each key as it is hit. I can
do this if the terminal is the one from which the program is being run.
However while the program is in debug proces,s it is much easier
to direct the graphics to a terminal beside the one from which the
program is being run and use the arrow keys from that same terminal.
Then, one can have debug statements come out on the original terminal.
The closest, I have come to achieving this goal is a program that
picks up the character for every other key. It doesn't require
a return key. If you are hitting arrow or function keys, it gets
all three characters for the arrow, the first time you hit it,
misses all three characters for the arrow, the second time, etc.
Does anyone have a sample program where they have done this? Ican
send copies of my two programs if desired. (I am running Xenix,
Thank you for your help.
Raymond Willis, U. S. Forest Service
\ / C r o s s r o a d s C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
/\ (602) 941-2005 300|1200|2400 Baud 24 hrs/day
/ \ hplabs!hp-sdd!crash!xroads!willis
2. Sun breaks even, money-wise
3. receiving mail through dynamic IP SLIP with smail
4. Field editing in Bourne Shell
5. Receiving with smail and SLIP.
6. RFD on RTC (Real Time Clock) MC146818
7. Can receive, but can't send e-mail with a dynamic SLIP connection
8. Term help
9. Repost: [Q] Receiving with smail and SLIP.
10. Modem slow in receive (SLIP/PPP)
11. How do you receive email over modem by SLIP
12. HELP on sending/receiving mail over a slip connection
13. Linux 0.99p11, Slip 0.7.5 and receiving mail.